Thursday, December 20, 2007

Document Conversions Launcher Service is stuck on starting

If the Document Conversions Launcher Service is stuck on starting you should be able to fix this via the following steps: -

1. You must log in with moss admin account before running these commands in a DOS window. Execute this command
Cd %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\bin
2. Execute this command:
STSADM.EXE -o provisionservice -action stop -servicetype "Microsoft.Office.Server.Conversions.LauncherService, Microsoft.Office.Server.Conversions, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" -servicename DCLauncher
3. Execute this command:
iisreset /noforce
4. Execute this command:
STSADM.EXE -o provisionservice -action start -servicetype "Microsoft.Office.Server.Conversions.LauncherService, Microsoft.Office.Server.Conversions, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" -servicename DCLauncher
5. Execute the command
iisreset /noforce
6. Check that the status is set to Started to confirmed it has worked

5 comments:

Edward M. Meshuris said...

Hi,
I had a whole different issue.
My DCLauncher and DCLoadBalancer services where gone!
I know, I know, its freaky.
I found the exe's and configs for the services, placed them in the same place.
Found all of the registry keys and imported.
And OMG! it works!
Sorry for the school girl talk, but I'm about as happy as one when she see's my ____.
Anyways, thanks for turning me on to the right path.

MOSS Arvit said...

Worked perfectly for me mate. Thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

Worked for me as well. Thanks!

Any idea though why the service would not start in the first place?

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks worked for me as well!

Any idea though why the service would not start in the first place?

Edward M. Meshuris said...

I believe that this was due to not installing all of the services.